User Not Found ON NOW
Friday 17th May – Sunday 2nd June 2019
The CoffeeWorks Project, Battersea (presented in partnership with Nine Elms on the South Bank, in association with BAC)
CLICK HERE TO BOOK TICKETS.
And then we're off to Ireland for the brilliant Cork Midsummer Festival -
Sunday 16th June - Monday 17th June 2019
Cork Midsummer Festival, Ireland at The Kino
User Not Found Reviews
We were delighted with the reception by critics and audiences to User Not Found, performed at the Jeelie Piece Cafe as part of the Traverse Festival 2018, and then on a UK wide tour in October 2018 across 12 venues.
- “Written with a chatty poetic restraint by Chris Goode, this show is a beautiful dance of love, death and grief delivered via a single live performer (the phenomenal Terry O’Donovan), headphones and mobile phones.“ ★★★★
Lyn Gardner in The Independent
- “A tender, intimate story of love and letting go.” ★★★★
- "handles mourning and technology with fingertip lightness" ★★★★ The Sunday Times
- "There is surreal magic in the seemingly everyday details of this expertly crafted show... they light the room with the power of tactile, human connection." ★★★★★ The Skinny
- “A raw and magnetic performance... a gorgeous show about grief in the era of hyper connectivity“. ★★★★
- "This production is what theatre in 2018 should be - ambitious, contemporary and thought-provoking." ★★★★★ Broadway World
- “It feels like a privilege to listen to and watch O’Donovan so intimately.” ★★★★
- “O’Donovan’s understated but deeply emotional performance generates an ethereal experience of astonishing power“ ★★★★★
The Reviews Hub
- "It’s a reflective piece about dealing with death and living online – two different kinds of absence wrapped up in one." ★★★★ Matt Trueman in Fest
Take On Me
We're excited to share with you our Celebration Video, commemorating our Take On Me 18-19 project!
We're so delighted to have completed our Take On Me tour: from September 2018 - March 2019 we worked with 249 Guest Cast Members & performed to 1,482 people! A massive thank you to everyone who has been a part of it!
"It’s a moving, funny and ultimately joyful show about life at the deep end." - Read about the production in the The Guardian
The 2018-19 performances were a blast, with incredible Guest Casts in each location making each performance an absolute joy.
The Lowry’s Young Theatre Makers
"Inventive, energetic and ambitious" - Circles and Stalls
Since January 2019 we have been collaborating with The Lowry’s newly founded Offstage Ensemble - a company of young theatre-makers to present their debut performance Bright Futures.
It’s a busy afternoon at Bright Futures…it’s performance review day for the junior sales team. Join them for a panicky, primal, perfect-score-attaining power hour – where the wannabe executives circle around the photocopier, ready to trip you up on your ‘Real Growth Initiative’ presentation and get lunch all down your ‘Client Impact Objectives’.
Directed by Clare Dunn, the company transform an unused office space into an original landscape of ambition, competition…and, er… complete professionalism.
More information on The Lowry's website
Bread Not Profits
★★★★★ "Some plays tug at your heartstrings, some, very occasionally touch your soul." - The Irish Times
Terry has recently returned from his hometown of Limerick, Ireland where he directed the celebrated new play Bread Not Profits. Performed in Cleeve's former toffee factory, Terry developed the project over two years with playwright Mike Finn. The production is inspired by the little known story of an all-city worker's strike that saw ordinary people taking control for an extraordinary ten days.
"in Bread Not Profits, Finn and the entire creative team, led by director Terry O’Donovan and supported by Emma Fisher, Zia Bergin-Holly and John Galvin, with original music by David Blake, use the Cleeves space to create something that is truly exceptional in both scale and content." - Read the full Irish Times review here
Hong Kong International Arts Festival
Terry & Daphna have just returned from the Hong Kong International Arts Festival. They were facilitating artist workshops for Hong Kong based theatre-makers interested in learning how we make our site-specific productions. They also had the pleasure of mentoring theatre-makers who are developing new productions at the exciting Cattle Depot Artist Village.
User Not Found Playscript On Sale
We have published the playscript of User Not Found, which includes imagery from Marmelo's app design. We're really proud of it - and you can buy it directly from the brilliant publishers Oberon RIGHT HERE.