USER NOT FOUND AUTUMN 2019 TOUR
USER NOT FOUND is heading out on the road again this Autumn. We're looking forward to taking over new cafes across the UK, and in New York!
8 October: South Street Reading SOLD OUT
10 - 11 October: Marlowe Theatre at Garage Coffee, Canterbury
17 - 18 October: Artisan Coffee, Ealing Broadway presented by Ealing Council with support from The Bush Theatre
22 October: Harrogate Theatre
30 October: South Holland Centre, Spalding
6 - 16 November: BAM at Greene Grape Annex Cafe SOLD OUT
User Not Found goes to New York with BAM!
We are thrilled to be preparing for our US debut as part of BAM's Next Wave Festival. User Not Found will play at the Greene Grape Annex from 6 - 16 November. All of the tickets have SOLD OUT!
Acknowledged as “the home for adventurous artists, audiences, and ideas,” the Brooklyn Academy of Music (BAM) engages global and local communities with theater, dance, music, opera, film, and media. BAM Artistic Director David Binder’s programming for his first Next Wave features a range of remarkable artists, all making their BAM debuts. Binder said, “Next Wave is a place to see, share, and celebrate the most exciting new ideas in theater, dance, music, and especially, the unclassifiable adventures.”
Full details on the Brooklyn performances have a look here.
User Not Found Reviews
We have been delighted with the reception by critics and audiences to User Not Found:
- “Written with a chatty poetic restraint by Chris Goode, this show is a beautiful dance of love, death and grief delivered via a single live performer (the phenomenal Terry O’Donovan), headphones and mobile phones.“ ★★★★
Lyn Gardner in The Independent
- “A tender, intimate story of love and letting go.” ★★★★
- "handles mourning and technology with fingertip lightness" ★★★★ The Sunday Times
- "There is surreal magic in the seemingly everyday details of this expertly crafted show... they light the room with the power of tactile, human connection." ★★★★★ The Skinny
- “A raw and magnetic performance... a gorgeous show about grief in the era of hyper connectivity“. ★★★★
- "This production is what theatre in 2018 should be - ambitious, contemporary and thought-provoking." ★★★★★ Broadway World
- “It feels like a privilege to listen to and watch O’Donovan so intimately.” ★★★★
- “O’Donovan’s understated but deeply emotional performance generates an ethereal experience of astonishing power“ ★★★★★
The Reviews Hub
- "It’s a reflective piece about dealing with death and living online – two different kinds of absence wrapped up in one." ★★★★ Matt Trueman in Fest
Take On Me
Take On Me has been nominated for Break Through Performance at the National Rural Touring Awards 2019. What an honour and a testament to our brilliant partners, amazing guest cast and our indespensible team of performers and production managers.
Watch our Celebration Video, which commemorates our Take On Me 18-19 journey.
We're so delighted to have completed our Take On Me tour: from September 2018 - March 2019 we worked with 249 Guest Cast Members & performed to 1,482 people! A massive thank you to everyone who has been a part of it!
"It’s a moving, funny and ultimately joyful show about life at the deep end." - Read about the production in the The Guardian
The 2018-19 performances were a blast, with incredible Guest Casts in each location making each performance an absolute joy.
User Not Found Playscript On Sale
We have published the playscript of User Not Found, which includes imagery from Marmelo's app design. We're really proud of it - and you can buy it directly from the brilliant publishers Oberon RIGHT HERE.